Monday, August 26, 2013

From Life to Life


Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You.
For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.

Jeremiah 139:7-14

Thank you, God, for desiring us, enough to create us, to love us, to protect us, to guide us and comfort us by your spirit.  You are good.  No, great.  You exchange our sorrow for Your joy through the work of Jesus and Your great love permeates our beings as we rest in Him.
Today Danny and Rochelle’s sweet baby boy passed from life to life.  From his warm mother’s womb to his Heavenly Father’s caring arms, Jonathan is in the presence of Jesus and we joyfully anticipate spending eternity with him in Heaven.  This morning at 7:09 am he gave us a glimpse of his beauty, at 1 lb. 6 oz., a head full of dark hair and a button nose just like his daddy. Rochelle held his warm little body and together with Danny a mommy and daddy fell in love with their baby boy.  Friends came to meet Jonathan and I had the privilege to hold him and witness the peace that he exuded. Oh to be in the unhindered presence of Jesus! I couldn’t stop imagining the glory he was witnessing in the spirit as I held him in the flesh. We praise you God that you are a God of life and Jonathan will know nothing but the good life.
Danny and Rochelle have been my husband’s and my best friends over the past four years and growing in faith and truth with them has been a blessing. Between Danny’s compassionate heart and Rochelle’s unshakeable faith we knew that no matter what happened God was going to uphold them every step of the way.  We are thankful that the doctor’s bad news is over.  The waiting is over.  The emotional war is over. Now there is expectant hope and complete confidence in a glorious reunion with Jonathan.
      I know they greatly appreciate your prayers and kind words. Thankfully, Rochelle is recovering well and they are expecting to be discharged from the hospital later today.

Written by McKenna Thibodeau

9 comments:

  1. Danny & Rochelle,
    As I tried to think what I wanted to say I realized that I have no words and yet so many words to say. In the end I think I just want to say "I LOVE YOU"... I believe you know me/my heart well enough to know most of the thoughts and feelings that go into those 3 words toward each of you and a special request for the Lord to hug you since I am too far away. Renee Bontrager

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am friends with Matt & Heather Clave. My sincerest condolences. Your family will continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebrating Jonathon's new life and praying for the Father's comfort and peace for the both of you. Love You Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 2 mutual friends with you on Facebook and I just want to express how sorry I am for your loss. My prayers are with you and may God wrap you in his loving embrace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danny and Rochelle, I know there's nothing I can say to make you guys feel remotely better. However, I ache for you. Two years ago, Neal and I were walking in your shoes when we lost Sarah and Andrew. Andrew was a sick little guy with Trisomy 13, 14, & 15. Losing them was the hardest thing we've ever experienced. It did teach us what it truly means to keep God at the center of our lives. I'll be praying for you guys while you walk this path.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry about the loss of your precious son, Jonathan. I know you don't know me. I'm friends with Jennifer Dobes on facebook, but your story moved me to pray for you both. We also lost our son - Jonathan, who was born prematurely, almost 9 years ago. Reading your story just made me cry with you and for you. I will be praying for God to give you peace, to hold you and carry you when you don't think you can go on, and for His comfort and love to overwhelm you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my heart hurts for both of you right now. We are praying for God's loving arms to surround you both as you wade the waters of grief. Many questions will go unanswered. As much as your hearts long for the answers, I will pray for you to have a peace that passes your own understanding. Rochelle, lifting you up as your body heals from carrying and birthing your beautiful baby boy as well. Danny, your letter to Jonathan was touching. Blessings that God would meet you right where you need Him most today...and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for your loss. Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danny and Rochelle, my heart aches for you as you mourn your son's earthly life. Cling to our Savior. Cling to each other. Our time here on earth is but a blink compared to eternity with Jesus. Cling to Jesus and allow him to comfort you in your pain. My continued prayers for peace and strength.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read!