Sunday, September 15, 2013

Support and appreciation

Since we heard Jonathan's diagnosis, way back in July, we have been covered in prayer. Our family members allowed us to talk freely about the many thoughts going through our head and held us. Our community group immediately prayed over us and our son. My coworkers followed suit. I was checked on regularly, if not constantly, via texts, phone calls, and people at work asking how I was doing.

People wanted to help right away, and it was hard telling people what we needed in the beginning. What do you need while you wait? But we were loved on by people spending time with us and allowing us space to talk.

Since Jonathan's passing, we have been so blessed by the body of Christ. 

Thank you for praying. 
Thank you for giving financially. 
Thank you for checking in via texts, emails, Facebook messages, phone calls, or cards. 
Thank you for sitting with us through tears and laughter.
Thank you for listening.
Thank you for being honest about not knowing what to say or do. 
Thank you for asking us what you can do, and then acting on those things. 
Thank you for providing food and meals. 
Thank you for moving us: for packing the uhaul, cleaning an apartment, and unpacking the uhaul and boxes. 
Thank you for sharing our story. 
Thank you for thinking of us.
Thank you for coming to pick up the crib and giving it to someone who needs it.
Thank you for supporting us as we walk this journey. 

Our journey isn't over; we still need you. We need your prayers as we navigate "normal" life. We need your phone calls and time. Hanging out with you helps us as well. Financially we're still unsure of how it's all going to work out. Danny has been back at work and we are thankful for those hours. We are living off that paycheck alone as I am on leave until September 30th and we're still waiting for my disability insurance to come in. We've had people donate through the PayPal link at the top, send us checks in the mail (ask if you need our address), give us grocery cards, and even pay for a haircut. These have been really helpful as life has continued and unexpected expenses have come.

In the midst of moving forward, we thank you. We are incredibly grateful and blessed. 

4 comments:

  1. Love you guys...I do not have any idea of the walk you are taking right now but, I have known the loss of my mother, my father, and my sister. None of it is easy. Recently, when I posted concerning the anniversary of my parents passing, my best friend wrote back and said, "you think time heals but there's always a little hole that can't be filled." This is so true. But, what we can do is find our way around that hole and keep on keeping on - living and doing what Christ would have us do. You may not ever know it but your walk and the way you have shared it so transparently may be what brings 1 more soul to Christ! I hope that someday you can find peace in what you have endured and you can look forward on better days. Please keep Romans 8:18 in mind; "The pain that you've been feeling can't compare to the joy that's coming."
    Still wishing you could just come for a little visit!!! (((Hugs))) and prayers for you and your family...
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about a hole. I've found it better to journey through it though, remembering the story as I do. Telling the story has been helpful for my healing. Thank you for the sweet reminder about God's ability to use this for His glory. I have definitely seen that, which is so beautiful to me. He continues to create beauty from ashes. You know you'll be on the list if we ever get back to Florida, but for now, know that we are so blessed by your support and love.

      Delete
  2. Sweet Twin, you know if I was in Agoura, I would shower you with love and laughter, food, and whatever else I could hurl your way. You and and Danny are welcome here anytime! Seriously. I might can even arrange for a ticket, if you need to get away. Love you, dear Twin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hospitality twin! For now, it's good to be where we are, but I appreciate the thought :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read!