Wednesday, June 17, 2009

vacation

We spent the last 2.5 days on the south side of Orlando at a resort with our friend Ray. Ray is amazing by the way. He's been incredibly giving and a true servant in the short time that I've really known him. I'm very sad to be leaving him, as well as many others, behind as we begin this new journey.

It was a great couple days though. Lots of hanging out at the pool with great people and yummy food. Said more goodbyes and took many pictures. I'm beginning to realize that I need to let the tears flow when they come. I haven't actually cried yet but Kelly mentioned that I maybe should allow that to begin b/c then Monday when we're leaving, I don't want it to all hit me at one time. I need to deal with it as it happens. Yuck. I'm not looking forward to the leaving part, though I can't wait for the things that are going to come. These people that we're saying good-bye to are truly like our family. They have been there for the good and the bad, the highs and lows, and they have given of themselves at times more than family has. They are in vicinity so it makes it easier but still. We have been soooo blessed by these people so leaving them is incredibly hard. I can only pray that God takes care of us again and provides friends who will encourage, who we can learn from, and who will become our new family. The one thing I'm excited about is the opportunity to travel and see these people we're leaving behind. I know that's going to be a while b/c of finances, but I'm believing that this is not the end and one day, there will be an amazing reunion:) So, here's to the tears that have not yet been shed. I'm not a crier but sometimes I wish I was. It might make it easier.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a crier either... well, not unless it involves children. I never used to cry, but once the babies came along, it changed me completely.

    I hold most things in to remain "strong." But I also know that crying is one of the greatest releases ever. Enjoy a good cry... and know it isn't the last time you see your friends.

    Prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Just thought I would check in and see how things are going. We have been out of school for 2 weeks now and it seems like forever. I gave my boys a break the last few weeks and now we are on a schedule. Hope you are doing well -
    Gayle C.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read!