Thursday, June 4, 2009

Moving stuff

So Danny is off watching the first Final's game (Magic v. Lakers). It's a little late for me and I don't want to be cranky with the kids on our last day together. I was going to sit and watch a movie and here I've "wasted" all my time online. Standing at that.

It's been a funny afternoon. We had those whole pile of stuff that we wanted to get rid of. We were hoping to garage sale it one way or another. It's stuff that you can't really craigslist; small decorative stuff that you need to see at garage sales:) It's been sitting there a good couple weeks I would say. We got rid of the washer and dryer yesterday finally and so today, we both were in a random mood and decided to pack all our stuff into the laundry room. When we measured it though it was a little small (we were going for the size of our U-haul trailer). So instead, we tore down the table (I REALLY want to take it with us) and our "dining room" is now our "trailer" so that we can get an idea of space and what we can actually take. All that to say that we were tired of the other stuff just sitting around and finally just took it to Goodwill! Our apartment is so empty. No more chairs; just pillows. Random things to try and sell sitting around. The kitchen is about the only place that is still "normal."

We start our journey 2 weeks from Monday. That's the beginning. It's almost here. I have to say good-bye. These are the thoughts running through my head. Praise God for reasons to praise Him though. I was listening to a song tonight that reminded me again that it doesn't matter what my day or week has been like, there's ALWAYS a reason to praise Him. And so in the midst of my feeling like life is a bit... chaotic? I can still praise my Jesus and find peace and rest in Him. He is my rock and my fortress, the one who inhabits our praises. Even when the world is going crazy (my little world and the big world that we live in), He is the same. He is the only thing that I cling to. So even though today has been strange by letting go of more stuff and preparing ourselves more for this journey, He is God. His thoughts towards me are always good. Always. Reality settles in more on a daily basis, literally. And all I can do is rely on my Jesus. He is my peace and comfort when life is full of storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read!