Saturday, November 29, 2014

Welcome to the journey

The last year is something I'm still trying to put into words and in the midst of moving across the country (a separate post to come), I'm realizing that I need to "find" myself. I don't like using those words because a few years ago the Lord walked me through a beautiful season of truly finding my identity in Him. I don't like to discredit it, or to think that it needs to happen again, so I'm trying to see this as something different.

Having Jonathan has literally changed me but I haven't pinpointed what's different. I've been allowing myself space and time and I'm thankful for what that's meant for our marriage, and for me. Over a year has passed now and as we start fresh in Indiana, I feel like I'm finally ready to find myself, again. I want to know and understand the ways I've changed and the ways I've stayed the same. I want to find out what's important to me again, and to feel like myself again. It's like I need to date myself, to start from scratch and learn about me from the beginning.

Graphic of "Nice to meet you"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read!