Monday, July 11, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Good - Great really. 7 amazing years with this one guy named Danny. Praising God for our time together. Spending a weekend of rest together, a weekend of enjoying each other without distraction and recognizing who we are and what we want. So blessed to have him, to be secure in our relationship because of the One who started it all. A beautiful thing to reminisce about the beginning and the journey. 7 years. All glory to Him.

Bad/Ugly - These kind of go together. Here's the vulnerability friends. I'm a pretty disciplined person at heart. I like it, crave it even. The last month or so, this has not been the case. Time with the One who I know is in control of it all has not happened. And I'm starting to actually recognize the consequences. And yet I'm not compelled to change my ways. My heart desires it, my Spirit is crying out for it, and yet I'm motionless in that direction. I miss my Father. I'm finding my joy is waning, somewhat gone if truth is spoken. Frustration comes more easily, negativity abounds. This is not the person I'm created to be. And I don't like it. And yet, why I feel incapable of change I do not know. I'm tired of being stuck though. I'm ready for newness.

2 comments:

  1. *hugs* Yep...a steamy cup of coffee and hours to just share with each other. Ahhh...that would be BLISS! Maybe Cali needs a visit from the Smith's one of these days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan to me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read!