Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Breath of fresh air

The last few months have been rough, not feeling good about life and opportunities and frustrated. I've let it all hang out on here so you should know:)

Today I'm 100% lighter and my spirit is soaring with the Creator all because of a great conversation that started with a dear friend who spoke wisdom. We discussed this desert we've been in and the ability to get out. She mentioned going back to the last thing God said, and I had to go look. If you're interested, reference these:

http://rochiemochie.xanga.com/695914977/clarification/

http://danny-ro.blogspot.com/2009/10/new-revelation.html

I haven't read this since writing them. I hadn't thought about them. The last few months I've stuck myself in a box. I've found my identity in teaching and become super frustrated about my current situation. My joy has been lost because of the situation, because my hope was no longer in my Creator but in my career. Ewww.

I've gotten so passionate about teaching and the education system, which are good things. In that, I've lost site of what God has really created me to do though. I've gotten stuck on being a teacher, not on loving people.

In rereading these two posts, going back to the last thing God spoke, I remembered that I'm created to love people. Teaching is a gift and a large part of what God has created me to do, but I'm created to love and encourage. So instead of focusing on teaching and finding that job, I'm focusing on the Lord and what opportunities He has in store. I can feel the freedom this perspective brings, the freedom finding hope in the Lord brings instead of taking on the responsibilities of this life on my own. I'm done living in a box that I've created and ready to jump into faith and watch where the Lord directs me.

Love.

2 comments:

  1. Love you! What a great post-- and what an awesome reminder to find my joy in Him, rather than in the "perfection" of my circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Thanks for letting it all hang out so we can be reminded too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read!