Tuesday, April 21, 2009

waiting

This seems to be the story of my life right now. Waiting. It's been a good season though. Currently I'm waiting on hold to talk to someone in California about transferring my teaching license. What a fun evening.

I officially told my principal on Monday and she responded in a much better way than I was anticipating. Not that I thought it would be horrible but she was really encouraging. Considering I'm the second one from our 4th grade team leaving, that felt like something. She gave me a lot of compliments as well. As hard as she is to work for because of her high expectations, I'm thankful to have had the opportunity and learned how to deal with everything. For the most part:)

Tomorrow is 60 days until the big move out day from our complex. Each day it gets a little bit closer and a little bit more real and a little bit bigger. I'm excited, don't get me wrong, but the reality is sinking in and it's definitely bigger than I initially realized. It just doesn't "hit" you until it starts happening. Especially now that I don't have a job anymore... that was one of those reality sinkers.

I'm so excited though. People continually ask me why and what has made it become official and why we can't stay. All these answers point directly to the Father. He's the author and finisher of our faith and we're doing this because not doing it would be disobedient. We know it's what He's calling us to do, even though it means leaving a place that has become home. I've already told some but I really think it's going to be harder to leave Florida than it was to leave Indiana. We're leaving friends that we've been intentional about having and getting to know and spending time with. I'm leaving an amazing community of teachers and supportive parents. I've told myself I will not cry until June so I need to stop talking about this now.

On the up side, Danny's taking pictures. Lots of them. And they're so good. I'm so excited for him. I love that he's working on opening up other avenues of income for himself by improving his photography skills. If you know him, check them out on his facebook. If you don't, check out www.millerdanny.com for some older ones. I'm so proud of him.

Well I'm off hold now so it's time to go grade papers. Let the count-down begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read!