Sunday, July 15, 2012

I know

I don't care.
We all say this sentence. It's so simple, so easy. When I hear it in a heated conversation, I try to back off. I wouldn't want to offend someone who already knows. But then I realized what we really mean is, "I don't care." Because if you know, and you choose to do nothing about it, then you really don't care.

Words versus actions.
Until your words become actions, you either really don't know, or you don't care enough to make them real in your life. I know the Truth. I promise I do. I know I fight a battle for my emotions every day. I know that battle gets tiring. I know I get weary. I still know the truth, but notice how all these other "knowings" are starting to take over?

Feelings versus actions.
I've battled this week. Actually, I've been in a battle this week and even though I know what to do, I didn't do it. I can tell you that I know, but it wasn't real to me this week. I chose for it not to be real. I chose to let it sit in my brain and not affect my heart and my emotions. My emotions failed because of that, and I lost. That's what happens when "I know" really means "I don't care."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read!